View Single Post
Old 08-11-19, 02:27 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
Liked 3,077 Times in 1,564 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
^^^^^^^^^^^
Interesting to see a 1988 Giro. I have a 1989 and it's a totally different beast.

The '89 has SLX and I believe Athena components. What a difference a year makes...

Chicago gangway shot:

Not really a totally different beast but more like a natural evolution. Bianchi was sadly moving away from Italian bikes, because of cost and the consumer preferance for MTBs and the hybrids they created, so it made sense to use the same frame on the top three bikes. The Athena was sort of the new Victory so it made sens to line the bikes up that way.

Originally Posted by verktyg
Not to stray away (thread hijack) from the Where'd You Ride Today theme, but from 1987 to 1991 give or take a year, Bianchi used the same frame geometry on their mid range to better quality production models: Giro, Super Leggera and Mondiale. Often it was the same frame. The Formula Two, which was likely a TreTubi SL and Alle DT and stays, was used on losts of models from '86.

Bianchi played loose with component specs during those years depending on the intended market or who knows what. They came with both Shimano and Campy gruppos including Croce d'Aune on the 1989 & 90 Mondiale. What do you mean? The same model had a different group?

Beautiful Bianchi! I love those Victory cranks.

verktyg

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk