Old 08-16-19, 01:40 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
From the 70s:

Now all you need is a 1/20th scale 1979 F350 hooker tow truck, and a 1/20th scale folding-door phone booth to call for it.....

Nothing exciting or photo-worthy, just a set of chains from @deux jambes , via a C&V Sales thread. Remarkable that it made it, however. Package went into limbo per Uncle Sam, it just kept saying it was "moving through the USPS network" (still says that now). Wife calls me at work yesterday, there's a plastic bag in the mailbox with a sopping wet USPS box. She can just make out our address, and the "from" city. Yeah, that's the chains. I get home, put on a pair of nitrile gloves, dig into it, and the box smells of some vague watered-down chemical. Fortunately, he wrapped the chains in TIGHT plastic, INSIDE the box, so they were totally unscathed. But whiskey tango, did they drag the box across the Mississippi River on the way here? 'Course, no way for the carrier to scan to indicate delivery, so it's still hanging out there.

Tonight one of the chains is going on a '90-ish Schwinn Impact Pro MOS I bought, well-used and weary, from the original owner; been gradually waking it back up, and this will complete the process.
Likes For madpogue: