Old 08-17-19, 07:51 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I would probably get an acceptable used bike at this point, not too expensive. After you've been riding it a while, assuming you get the bug, you'll want to upgrade (no matter what bike you get now) and having more experience with a road bike will help you determine what you really want and need.
Originally Posted by noodle soup
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Do some research, maybe pay for a fit(on a bike that you think is ideal), and do some more research on finding a bike that fits now. Don't spend a ton of money on a bike, until you figure out what fits your body.
Pretty much. Get something that fits now, not too extreme, and ride. To me, this is much like people on camera forums asking, "what lens should I get next?" If can't articulate how you want your XXXX to be better or different, you just haven't used it enough,. yet.

Originally Posted by Andrey
My point is from the personal experience...

Comfort at this level is irrelevant.
Have you considered that other people have different personal experience? Weird, I know, but plenty have gone to racy geometry only to wonder, "why did I waste my time with that?" upon moving to an endurance geo. And to describe endurance geo bikes as "slugging" is silly hyperbole that does a disservice to new riders looking for rational input.