Old 08-18-19, 09:42 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Consider a carbon fabric baselayer top. Pearl Izumi's Minerale fabric was outstanding but discontinued and new/old stock is decreasing in choices of sizes and types. It's sometimes advertised for cooling but the Minerale fabric was outstanding for any weather. I've never worn anything that wicked perspiration better or was more comfortable in hot and muggy or cold and damp weather. I even wear it under dress shirts in summer to reduce sweat printing through. It was more of a woven or knit yarn type fabric, snug yet stretchy.

The current PI baselayers don't compare at all -- I sent 'em back or gave them away. Via email a PI rep said it was too expensive to continue. Don't waste your money on the current Pearl Izumi baselayers.

There are several bicycle apparel companies offering carbon fabric, but check out other winter sports wear makers for hikers, climbers, etc. Pricey but outstanding stuff. Probably will cost $50-$150 unless you can luck into discounts. I got one of the last Pearl Izumi Thermal RX Minerale fabric baselayers in my size for around $30 in 2015 or 2016. Wish I'd bought a couple more.