Old 08-19-19, 09:17 PM
bfuser191509248

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
Nothing comes to mind...

I'm a (non-professional) musician, and for the majority of my life the focus was collecting jazz (78's, LP's, tapes, CD's). I had about 5,000 jazz LP's at one time (1990's), which was a modest collection compared to some of the people I used to network with. The Jim Flora artwork in your avatar caught my eye weeks ago. I have a group of David Stone Martin covers here above my desk.

Anyway, I was never really an audiophile, and I definitely never repaired any audio equipment. I don't repair bikes, either (a shocking revelation in a place like this, so hopefully I don't get banned!). But I've always had a passion for vintage stuff, and I used to be a dealer in 20th Century decorative arts (Art Deco, machine age industrial design, Mid-Century Modern, etc). I collected that stuff as I was also in the process of selling it, and I kept the best stuff rather than selling it. I also love vintage guitars, and I don't repair those either. I'm fine with the idea of paying someone with the experience and the right tools. I guess my motto is... "If you want something done right, do it yourself... unless you know you'd be likely to f*** it up".
Likes For bfuser191509248: