View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 11:19 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18464 Post(s)
Liked 15,727 Times in 7,391 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder

My wife has had two cats who had cancer so we're understandably paranoid about that possibility, so we're just having the endoscopy done now so we can hopefully figure out whatever it is early and start treating it. Won't know for sure until they get the biopsies back but yesterday the vet called after the preliminary exam and said that the possibility of cancer was moving further down the list, so fingers crossed.
Beauties.

My first buddy was a rescue who was FIV+. He was nearly 2' long from nose to butt with a giant head from not being fixed early in life. He ended up getting lymphoma in his gut. Chemo worked remarkably well. Shrunk the tumor to the point where they could no longer feel it. Everything seemed to be going great, but then he started displaying odd behavior and having nose bleeds. He eventually stopped eating. He wanted to eat but wouldn't. He was losing .25-.5 lbs. every two weeks. I finally sent him on his way. My heart broke. At least his last 7 years of life were good ones filled with lots of love and food.

This is Stephen. Also a rescue and a big boy. Notice the tipped ear. He likes to go on the deck and contemplate bird and squirrel murder. He has food anxiety and is so fat he cannot jump high enough to get to the top of the wall around the deck.

Likes For indyfabz: