Old 08-21-19, 07:47 PM
Bike Jedi
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
Probably could be debated endlessly, but here they are. I had an idea that one state would dominate, and it did, but I picked the wrong state:

https://pjammcycling.com/zone/90.The...imbs-in-the-US
So if I go do Pikes Peak, does that make me a stud in the bicycle world in some way? Just curious.

If it is something I need to notch on my bicycle bed post since I am so close to it just for bragging rights, do I need to go do it now? I never had a huge desire to ride over it on my bicycle as is, but after seeing that it is arguably the 4th hardest climb in the world, wouldn't I need to go do it now "just" for braggin' rights?

I don't really process things well like the other humans, so I am wondering why I suddenly have this tug to go climb something I see every day out my window, when I had not had the desire to do so prior to reading this.

What do the other humans do in situations like these?

I wouldn't have guessed that Hawaii would contain half of the top ten, but that doesn't surprise me I guess. I would have thought for sure there is more climbs to pick from, but I am not familiar with that kind of stuff.

Does anyone know, would Pikes peak pretty much just be like climbing Lookout Mountain, but for much longer, or something similar to it? Anyone climbed both? What is it like to climb Pikes Peak versus say Lookout mountain in terms of a comparison of a vertical climb? If I could climb to the top of Lookout Mountain or climb to the top of the table tops, is it much more technical or harder than that? I am assuming it's just really long versions of that kind of stuff. Am I wrong? I know altitude is a factor, I am not thinking about that part of equation though. I am just curious about the terrain and how steep it really is. Wondering how much of a challenge or how hard it would really be for me too outside of altitude problems.

Last edited by Bike Jedi; 08-21-19 at 08:08 PM.