Old 08-22-19, 12:20 AM
McNamara

Bikes: Orbea Orca and a cheap steel frame road bike of indeterminate origin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
OP, the good news is it's safe to glue tubular tires in your one bedroom apartment. The bad news is the cost of running tubular tires will keep you in a one bedroom apartment
Hey, I like my apartment. Houses are money pits.

Originally Posted by UmneyDurak
FYI. Crit courses are under a mile and most of the time you can cut a cross. There is a reason why there is a wheel pit with spare wheels. What I am trying to say is that getting back to start/finish/car with a flat is not an issue. No one races crits with spare tubes and saddle bag. Unless you are like me and forget to take it off. lol
Rule #29 violation! Nah, I do that myself sometimes. I actually did carry a spare tube and CO2 in my jersey for yesterday's race. Must be why I got dropped... But anyway, why would I walk back after a flat if I could ride instead? I didn't buy a bike to do extra walking.

I'm not put off by the time and hassle of tubulars. It's not like I have kids to take to soccer practice or anything; I might as well do something that enhances my riding enjoyment. I like taking corners fast and I look forward to seeing if tubulars offer any improvements there. And if I can get pretty decent at gluing them on, I will totally look down on everybody who can't be bothered! Hahaha!
Likes For McNamara: