Old 08-24-19, 07:19 PM
woodcraft

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Not so much a purchase, but a warranty replacement (for my hybrid):

Less than 4 months old, maybe 5 cycles on it (rarely ride my hybrid) and getting less than 2 hours battery life on a setting I should be getting 8.5 out of, thank god my gut told me to keep the receipt (had the same issue with the prior generation headlight but never warrantied it since I didn't keep the receipt). Emailed Specialized Rider Care, they said go ahead and just bring it back to the LBS and they will swap it out for a new one and Specialized will just go ahead and honor a warranty claim because it's so new.

Printed the email, brought the email with the light and receipt back and got the line that they can't honor anything Rider Care says because it's not the warranty department (AFAIK Rider Care is the only point within Specialized that a customer can even reach) and that we have to go through the LBS warranty department/process (...) despite the fact I'm sitting here with an email from Specialized - that I brought with me to leave with the LBS so they could include it with the returned light proving it's back on Specialized - explicitly stating that in this case the warranty policy is that the shop is authorized to just do a quick, direct replacement. So as he starts typing it up I'm thinking great, another strike for this LBS chain, probably be 3+ weeks without a light, 4 if they end up needing to order one later by the time a decision is made.

Luckily though as he was typing it up, at some point he changed and said he could just give me the new light today, and they had just one in stock luckily. So in the end I did get to walk out of there with a new light, so that's good. They did make it right in the end without too much hassle.

Unfortunately, IME those Specialized lights are garbage and this was also the report from a friend who is management at a Specialized dealer shop.

Just toss it & get something else- what I did.