View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 02:05 PM
Glyndwr

Bikes: 1989 Eddy Merckx Century Hitachi Team, 2008 Colnago Master X-Light, 2012 Cannondale SuperSix 5 Liquigas Team, 1995 Vitus 992 Lotto Team, 2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1992 Pinarello Asolo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
[QUOTE=stephr1;21085581]I was curious what people's experience has been when being passed by, or otherwise encounter, other bikers while out on a ride. Specifically, I'd be interested when riding on a multi-use path (MUT/MUP).

I'm glad I don't encounter BIKERS on the trails I ride - that would be scary! I only see pedestrians and CYCLISTS. I'm half-kidding, but it is important to distinguish the two groups and the connotations that go with them, especially when you are talking about the obnoxiously loud Harleys, etc. here in the States!

To answer your question seriously, I think most people who pass have been, or try to be courteous, but unfortunately their/our call-outs often fall on headphoned/earplugged heads of folks who don't acknowledge our actions anyway.

...and the number of times some musically distracted jogger has done an abrupt U-turn in front of me (and nearly taken me out) has gotten ridiculous!