Old 08-26-19, 03:35 PM
sumgy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by weiwentg
Just to be clear, this is not my bike. This is a discussion I was having with someone on a forum I can't mention by name (I may be too new to do so, any link I post to the discussion is censored). I'm following up with this guy. If the handlebar position is where he wants it to be in the pic, then merely going to a 64cm Emonda may not do the trick. It would gain him 20mm of stack height. There appear to be 35mm of spacers under the head tube extension. That extension itself looks like at least 40mm total stack height. So, he'd go from 75mm total spacers to 55mm on the 64cm Emonda. I believe the Emonda is a road racing bike, so this is partly an indication that this guy may be on the wrong type of bike entirely.
Until you stripped that bike back to stock, and started again, it is very hard to say. The raised extension, plus the slammed forward saddle, means that the effective top tube is basically shortened.
Whoever did that fit should hang their heads. There is just so much wrong with it.