burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
I am , or I possibly Am. I need that clarified. you really don't have a clue. *hint* you use "possibly"

As far as the "food addiction" statement goes... It's true. Look at the fast food industry, the frozen meal industry, the processed food industry, the convenience store industry, Hostess, little debbie snacks, Been to a fair recently and looked at the fried foods?
hydrogenated oils. processed foods feed the addiction.

think you are not addicted, then don't fast ... just don't eat any processed foods or drink any caffeine (drug) for the next 30 days, and let's see how you and your cravings get along. Exactly, it is a challenge you won't do because.... addiction!

you accuse me of eating issues because I fast ( our bodies were designed to fast). Not an issue or disorder, it's healthy. You accuse me of having eating issues because I am on the war path against fast food, processed food, sugar, hydrogenated oils, caffeine abuse, processed sugars, corn syrup, HFCS.....etc.. it's a long list.
yeah I am different than you, that doesn't mean I have issues. It's just that I am awake as to why Millions of people are dying to diabetes, heart issues, obesity issues.

I have first hand seen health issues cured via fasting.

I am not food Phobic at all. My re-feeds just happen to be healthy and real food, not food like substance, nor GMO substance, nor hybrid grown, nor seedless, And now you might get a glimpse into why I can eat less, because my food has value!
In some of your posts you're relying pretty heavily on hyperbole (an apple vs. chemical laden ice cream) and then in this post you state a bunch of principles that the average joe clubbie cyclist probably already does anyway.

I don't know anyone on the A-ride that downs fast food or are on some kind of trash-food obese person's diet. Nor the B-ride for that part.

That argument may fly for the average joe who is borderline obese, it doesn't really for most folks in BF.

I haven't raced enough to move up, but I hold even with our local Cat 3 guys and can drop a couple of em. I eat dessert, with sugar in it. I drink beer and wine, with alcohol in it. I drink coffee, with caffeine in it.

You're trying to apply an extremist/purist mentality to it when moderation gets even the obese person 95% of the way there.

To me, even that 5% ain't worth living a life in which you deprive yourself of these "addictions".

I'm not going to be a Cat 1 racer because I stop drinking any alcohol or any coffee or eating any dessert. I'm already equal/smaller than your average local Cat 3 racer. It's all in the available training time and years under the belt.

Don't try to apply extremes to arguments in which it isn't necessary.

If someone is about to freaking die because they're so obese, then maybe some extreme measures are in order.

But c'mon, get real here. If Phil Gaimon can take World Tour rider KOM's and still eats cookies and have seen him drink a beer in one of his videos.........you can enjoy some foods.

If you have a phobia that food addiction will ruin your life OR short your lifespan by perhaps a single year, you need to see a the******. Seriously, no joke, no funny, not arguing.

Why is a the "t-word" spelling of psychiatrist filtered in this forum. The******. WTF?
Likes For burnthesheep: