Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 11:54 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Is there not or are there not reasons for categories? There are various categories and sub-categories of bikes; this is obvious. The logic that I use in not posting a Paramount into a Colnago thread is the same logic used in not posting a new Trek into an old Trek thread. Thread A gets Bike A put into it. Thread B is for Bike B, etc. This is not being uptight or restrictive, this is ensuring the original intent of the thread. I kindly pointed it out to LeoGrand, and added in some fun about getting a C&V Trek, and joining in the posting fun. I could go into further reasons for the FYI message, but the main point here is to not have this thread or other threads devolve into, essentially, "show any bike you have in this (or any) thread."

There are main road, hybrid, and commuter sub-forums that are perfectly accommodating of this type of bike (albeit it is not photographed in whole at all, let alone in anyway that lets us see any meaningful part of the frame/bike, though the photos are taken very nicely). There is no restriction there. He is free to post his non-C&V bike (it's brand new) in a non-C&V sub-forum as that is where it belongs and will be appreciated. I knew the second I posted, like the sun rising every morning, that I would have people immediately jump in and tell me that I was being noninclusive somehow, which of course is untrue.

If (some of) you would like, I would be happy to post all my non-vintage-Trek bikes into this "Show your Trek" thread. After all, it doesn't matter since they're all bicycles. This is of course not sound reasoning, and I won't do it. In every thread, we work to keep things "on topic" and my post was in that vein. We kindly police ourselves, and I was no different. It matters not to me if someone has a new bike or not. I have/have had quite new bikes in addition to C&V bikes at the same time, and I post and discuss them where appropriate. We can talk about and be gracious on where, say, a non-new Trek (per this thread) becomes C&V, but it should be obvious to anyone that a 2020 model can only be described as "new."

Now, if anyone has an idea where a 25.5" 1982 Trek 950 frame, in white and blue, is, I'd love to know so that I could add it to the previous entries here. A 750 would be great, too.