Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 01:57 PM
cyclist_obscura

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
What can happen when someone first discovers BikeForums.net for themselves- they search 'Trek' and find the 'Show your Trek' thread, and miss the 'classic-vintage' subforum indication in smaller text at the head of the page. This probably also varies with choice of browser.

For those of us who make BF:C&V our home page, we sort of forget that C&V is not the default choice, particularly if you come to this page via different means. Or at least I do, anyway.

LeoGrand, it looks like you have a very capable machine, unequivocally of its time. But I can't say anything more than that, because your bike is speaking a different language than I do. I know some folks in other subforums will be able to engage more with the details on your bike.

But please keep browsing the C&V subforum too, particularly the TREK thread. You'll see the cool bikes that ratcheted the company forward during its formative years. You'll see some of the great rides people take them on, too. You'll even read extraordinarily insightful posts by people who were actually building these bicycles by hand: torch, file, steel and Imron.

Ride the heck out of it, and enjoy the journey-

Last edited by cyclist_obscura; 08-28-19 at 02:55 PM.
Likes For cyclist_obscura: