Old 08-29-19, 05:08 PM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Ya, knowing how much time editing takes and being an editing fan (film lover) going back to doing some basic film editing back in the day, 8 and 16mm with tape and all that, I tend not to do any videos on my trips.
I worked as a photographer for a long time, so am a good stills editor, and do the odd crappy video clips which really are fun for the sounds and that, but Ive predominantly used stills and writing in my trip journals.
I am always so impressed by trip vids, but tend to shy away from getting into it, as I prefer to live the moment, and do the still thing as all my old habits are with stills. I also enjoy the writing down of my thoughts and observations on a trip, but even that and photo editing does take up time every evening....but as you say, really fun to look back on.
Anyway, we are discussing bars here. So yes, I guess I just see your bikes the odd times leaning up near the tents or a wall or whatever.
happy riding
A final note on this digression. Actually I share most points with you: I started out doing photography, studied it, had my own darkroom, moved up to digital etc. Also I used to keep a daily journal of long hitch-hiking trips with no photos as all. The reason I moved to video—and why I think you might continue to ponder the idea—is because the final result is jut so much more powerful than photos. That fact that we can hear the birds chipping is almost enough to justify the change. But I think my style of video in particular, using music so constitutionally, creates a very powerful and emotive result. And more important for me is that the videos do actually become a replacement for aged memories--so you better have a good video! So don't close the door to the idea of making vids is all I am saying