Old 08-30-19, 11:27 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2510 Post(s)
Liked 746 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by ciclista_pazza
I asked someone about this and they said high racers can be difficult to adapt to. I'm curious how anyone could get used to getting thrown from their bike but there must be some learning curve I'm not aware of. I might try some long wheel base options and see how that goes.
The people who can just climb on highracers and ride them competently right away, make so much noise about it that it gets overlooked that they are actually a challenge for most people. But good luck fitting a Tour Easy LWB in your bike locker. Recumbent trikes are VERY popular, compared to any kind of two wheel recumbent for exactly the bruises you stated. With a good U-Lock I don't worry about leaving a tandem outside a Fred Meyer's for the time it takes to shop for a weeks groceries. I would not also worry at an active office park. Would I leave Saki, or Big Red unattended with a $150 U-lock for longer than it takes to say, "I'm back!"? No, I don't think so. YMMV. Don't know exactly what 'physical issues' are at issue, but, just saying, for a similar cash outlay to buying a decent used recumbent, a growing number of people are buying e-bikes or getting e-assist systems for their regular bikes. For back issues we are using Planks. A 4:00 min Plank will sort out ANY back problem that is not caused by an actual injury. FWIW.
Likes For Leisesturm: