Old 08-30-19, 07:21 PM
k0guz

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, 2016 REI Mazama hybrid, 2023 Tern D7i folding bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rudypyatt
This is so inspiring to read. I went from about 1981 until 2010 without riding a bike. Got back into in a big way from 2010 until about 2 years ago: Thanks to some health problems, I only started riding again at the end of July. I used to ride 100 miles a week, and 25 miles was easy.

Since starting up again, I have gone from 4 to 7 to 14 to now 16 miles this past weekend. I want to add a couple of miles to that tomorrow. It is a big deal to get back into it. I just have to remind myself that it’ll take time to build back to what I used to do.

Keep rolling, and stay safe in FLA with that storm coming in!
+1. Oh, wait a minute, Google+ is history. It will take time to get yourself back to where you were, if you want to. But if you don't, no harm done. You're still doing much better than the old guy sitting on his couch watching TV. And you look better in lycra shorts than he would...

May I suggest that you look at Strava or one of the other tracking programs? There's no way I'll match the times of the zero percent body fat 20-somethings, but you can filter the comparison results by age, and that makes me feel better. It also keeps track of where you've gone and how you're doing much better than a spreadsheet. And it has other features.

But the point is that you're getting out, and you're riding, and that's admirable.