Old 09-02-19, 07:18 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
That is a very worthy project. I wonder why the paint is bad at the lug edges. The paint on most IM holds up really well. Maybe you can just refinish the lugs and save the rest of the paint? That little nub is a pump peg. A frame pump can fit between it and the seat lug under the top tube. Stuck seat posts can be very challenging. Before you do anything drastic, search a little on here and ask beforehand. In my opinion, there is little or no difference between the 105 that came on your bike and 6 speed 600. The 105 brakes and levers are awesome and I dare say rival some dual pivots. I am very excited about yours today as I just sold mine and miss it.
Aw...I get it. I still miss my first Fuji 19 years later. My aunt upgraded and gave it to me after she rode her first century. I parted with it when I was moving across country and didn't have room.

I got this from a seller who was on the east coast (I could see the ocean from where I picked it up.) I'm guessing the salt water might have played a part of why it is so corroded. My husband has been working on older cars and has PB blaster so we can let it sit for a while. We're up for a challenge and he likes having something purposeful to do. Right now he's given me his side of the garage for bikes, and he quickly forgave me for blowing out the tire on his mountain bike because my youngest wanted to ride trails and his was the only bike available.

Thanks for the info on "upgrading" the 105 to a 600. If I don't have to spend money, I don't want to. In my errands tomorrow I'm bringing the bike to my automotive guy just to get a color match, even if I don't use it, I want to know that he can get me the color in a pinch. I've already looked up decals and will be taking precise measurements on where they are. I want it to look original, even if it's not.

We love projects and this is a small on compared to the other stuff we've done. We're cheap Yankees, even though he's a Buffalo guy. He was offering to start disassembly the other day and I said I wanted to post it here first. You guys are great. Thank you.