View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 11:05 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 293 Posts
@gfk_velo, thank you for your thorough and informative posts regarding hubs in general and Campa hubs in specific.

I have been using all-Campa components since I bought my Bottecchia new in 1989.

On my Bottecchia and Master I run Campa Record hubs laced to Ambrosio Excellence rims. The combination of Campa and Ambrosio is totally bombproof. As an added bonus, the hubs run extremely smooth and responsive.

On the C59 and C60 I run Fulcrum Racing One, Ltd. Edition for the C59 and Racing Zero Nite for the C60, respectively.

The Fulcrum wheels are fantastic, they are light and strong. When mated to the Fulcrum hubs (essentially Campa Record hubs) these wheels are hard to beat.

I also want to second your comments about Campagnolo’s Carlsbad center. They have been exceptionally responsive to my questions and concerns.

There are a lot of high quality hubs out there; as cyclists we are the beneficiaries of a great deal of advanced R&D that makes cycling a lot more enjoyable than it has ever been.

For my money, however, Campa components, especially their hubs, are hard to beat.

Again, thank you for your very informative posts, it is a pleasure reading through them.