Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2763 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
The
Originally Posted by Metieval
one way you will stop with brakes via hands in the drops, the other way includes the possibility of you stopping by sliding to a stop on the ground, because your grip was compromised on the descent when you hit something.

You continue to ignore this about the hoods vs drops braking, and at this point in time it has to be intentional. You will argue that you have grip, then turn it into you can brake. When it never was about braking.
Your point is not being ignored so much as it is being disagreed with.

No how, no way, my hands are sliding off the hoods from an impact. Only way my hands are coming off the hoods (or drops) is when I let go because I am headed over the bars.

Here is a pic of my hoods

I am NOT going to be sliding off the front of those. My thumb and the crotch of my palm would have to go up and over those horns (which can’t really happen unless I open my grip)

If you are having the problems you speak of on the hoods when you hit bumps, then it sounds like you are riding too stiff-armed, and need to learn to relax your arms and let them absorb the impacts. You also might want to look at how you’re holding your hoods.

Last edited by Kapusta; 09-05-19 at 08:34 AM.
Likes For Kapusta: