Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 09:21 PM
natterberry 

Bikes: ‘83/‘85 Trek 760, ‘82 Trek 614, ‘77/‘78 Trek 304, ‘74 Raleigh International

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 138 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
I spy with my little eye some pretty cool parts on that guy!!!
I had fun with this. Mostly stuff fit for something besides a hi-ten frame (hey, it's Ishiwata double butted!).
Sugino May set up 50/34, Sunshine gyro master hubs, Cyclone front/rear derailleurs, Gran-Come levers and center pulls, Suntour barcons, SR bar/stem, and some of our favorite cable stops - Nitto small rear, and Nitto/Blue Lug front.

And who can forget the Brooks.

Originally Posted by Digger Goreman
That IS a beauty Beats the smell outta my old beast
Originally Posted by jlaw
Beautiful - and a Trek model that I've never seen before. 1977 or 78? The green is unusual.

I found one searchable BF thread for a TX304, but it appears to be one other than yours. Did you create a BF build thread for this bike? If not, you should - inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks guys!

I see nothing wrong with yours @Digger Goreman.

@jlaw - I believe a 77, I'll have to check tomorrow. It's a beautiful green, it's just rather fragile. Flakes off easily. I'll have to grab more pictures when I finish those handlebars (what a slacker...).

The thread you found may very well be the bike that I purchased. I believe he picked some components from it, replaced with lesser Suntour and sold to me. I brought back up to catalog spec + (in my opinion). I never did do a build thread. Maybe that will give me motivation to really "finish" it.