Old 09-06-19, 01:08 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 381 Posts
My '86 Classic Ironman is the Shiznik. After riding my Carbon Ironman on a 30 mile ride yesterday it became even more clear how Bad A the Classic is.
Yesterday was my first workout day while my daughter was at preschool. I didn't swim or eat breakfast that morning. I ran at least 6 miles. Then I ate lunch. Then went on a 30 mile ride on my Carbon Ironman. I could tell my saddle too far back and too high. Also the elbow rest were too narrow. It was amazingly Hot. The temp was only 98 or so at the time and reaching over 100 for high. But it was just different. Today's forecast the same thing. Anyways, the first time I had to stop to get water on a short 30 mile ride.
This morning I pulled down my '86 Classic and compared measurements against my Carbon Ironman. And just as I suspected the measurements were off. I remedied it and decided to pull down my Miami Vice even though I don't remember having a fit issue with it, and sure enough no tweaking necessary.
Back to my '86 Classic, what a bike. The fit, the handling, the Coolness, its just AWESOME. IF my Carbon doesn't straighten up and fly right I'm gonna use the Classic Ironman for our hometown half Ironman Oct 27th.
Three of my Ironman are 54cm (as measured by Centurion) and the fourth one is one size smaller (52cm) which makes it perfect for my road bike setup. I just couldn't understand how my measurements for my Carbon Ironman was off. I know it has 172.5 crankarms and the other two 54cm have 170 but I always measure to pedal spindle. Oh well it's fixed now .