View Single Post
Old 01-30-06, 07:43 PM
Quarters Mostly

Bikes: 2001 KHS, custom lugged

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, that's the main gripe about Chelsea bike. Rafael does awesome work. He rewelded a whole frame for me and it looks and rides great. But the price just kept going up from the original quoted and it was difficult getting my bike back. In the end, I got a great bike, but it was a bit more hassel than I prefer.

Originally Posted by xowl
ok if we're going to b**** about chelsea bikes, it did take raphael AT LEAST 3 months (i am not exaggerating) to fix one of my frames. there was a crack between the top tube and the head tube lug. he charged me like $225 for the job and that's with the very small discount he gave me for waiting so long. i thought it was a bit much and debated just buying one of his frames instead. i guess that's what you charge when you're the only guy in town that does frame repairs. he did a good job though. and he guaranteed the frame repair and so far so good. even though he couldnt match the paint, what he ended up painting it kinda looks better. i wish he had painted the fork while he was at it. i want to go back there and have him finish the job, but i'm afraid of how long it will take.