View Single Post
Old 09-08-19, 09:45 PM
sumgy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightning Pilot
Most people pay slightly more attention when driving a motor vehicle, because there are substantial consequences for an auto accident. While the consequences of a bike accident may be substantial—in terms of physical pain—to the individuals involved, the consequences of an auto accident are both physical, monetary, legal, and substantial. It has been my experience, for well over sixty years, that both pedestrians and cyclists are either preoccupied or just oblivious, whereas operators of motor vehicles are required not to be—even if they aren't.

Treat others as you wish to be treated—and accept the responsibility therefore. OH DEAR GOD! HE USED THE "R" WORD! HORRORS!
I don't expect people to ring their bell when they ride past me, so....................?
I stay left on the path (I am in Australia) and so people can easily and safely ride past n my right.

I also reckon that pedestrians would have far less problems if they also stayed left and did not wear headphones.
If I see they are wearing headphones, I will ring my bell a couple of times then just ride past.