View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 04:14 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by sumgy
Why did you need to go custom?
Is that the biggest sized frame they make?
That is a lot of seatpost and I have seen frames structurally compromised through the leverage created by a long seatpost (not to mention the possibility of the post itself breaking.
As JohnJ80 mentioned, fork manufacturers also have rules around the number of spacers that can be used.
I had planned to build the frame over this winter. It would have basically matched this frame I bought in terms of all important geometry except bottom bracket drop.

This is the biggest size and the largest stack height of quality frames at the price I wanted to pay. There are a few taller stack frames that i wasnt interested in due to a variety of reasons(weight, brand, paint, geometry, or features)

It is a lot of seatpost, but it's well less than max so I am not concerned.

And yes I'm aware of spacer limits for forks.

Appreciate all the concern, it's been long considered.

The point of posting the bike was because it applies to the comments since this thread has been resurrected. It isn't a bike with showroom floor geometry, yet it is a bike that will be comfortable and perform as intended for hours on end over rough terrain. That last part, to me, is what's most important.