View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 02:03 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked 3,136 Times in 1,697 Posts
in the last two years, ridden (at least) portions (sometimes complete path) of the ojai valley, carpinteria/ventura, marvin braude, ballona creek, whatever the one that follows the light rail in santa monica is called, sgrt, sart,
coyote creek, rio hondo, la river, long beach, huntington beach, irvine network, trail from sjc train station to the sea (forget the name), hwy 76 bike path, rails to trails paths in carlsbad/escondido/san marcos along the 78/5,
56 bike path, 52 bike path, 54 bike path, 75 silver strand, 94 bike path + smaller paths around the socal region like in fullerton. def a larger homeless presence in the la area river based trails (la river/sgrt/sart/rio hondo/coyote creek)
that is larger than the san diego area paths. orange county east of the 55 fwy has been golden. the path areas are a great resource to have but i find myself opting out of the trails in the la basin area more often lately and scouting for decent routes on the streets. mostly for variety (the paths are boring-but generally direct) and i've never had an issue/situation any of the listed paths in socal.