View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 08:40 AM
stephr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
I find it simply confounding that there are people out there who think the rest of us should adjust what we do, in public, for their own comfort. Playing music, in a public place, at a reasonable volume level (and content) is perfectly legal and acceptable unless otherwise posted or out of line with the location (say like a library). My suggestion to someone like you is to either find some ear plugs, or get over yourself just long enough for those few seconds you are being impositioned for the pass.
I can listen to music without blocking my own hearing and creating that hazard, as well as making others around me aware that I am closing on them and allow them to safely step aside without having to ring a bell or 'shout' at them "on the left" ect. which more often causes confusion and ends up with them stepping into the way. I have actually gotten more complaints out of ringing the bell than my music.

Even with the cigarette thing here you are groaning about how all these people who smoke are "killing" you with their second hand smoke, outdoors...you know, since you can't smoke inside any more (which is good), and in the meantime cars, buses, etc. rolling down the road doing far more damage to you.

Insert grumble about the cost of everyone else's freedoms.
You find it confounding? Then I find it ignorant and disrespectful.

This isn't some federal case about "everyone else's freedoms" you boorish spit wad. You sound like someone who is so caught up in himself that he doesn't even think about, or care, that there are other people you encounter. If you aren't already, you sound like that obnoxious person at a party (drunk or not) that everyone eventually wants to avoid

You want to listen to music? Fine by me. You want to listen to loud, headbanger stuff? Also fine. You want to truly show your level of intelligence? Mount some kind of video device on your bike and knock yourself out (figuratively and literally). To put it in your terms, your freedoms, as you claim so loudly, are every bit as important as mine. No argument there. And, while it's not illegal, it is discourteous, disrespectful and downright inconsiderate to force others to be wrongly subjected to your personal choices in life. None of us want that. However, when what you do invades my space without asking my permission, you step over a line that shows who you really are.

Put on a set of headphones/earbuds and you can listen to anything at any volume that you want. And you actually show consideration to the people around you.

Otherwise, I plan to avoid you at the next party we both find ourselves. Sheeesh...