View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 03:07 AM
  #10  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 51,558

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2942 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by baldilocks View Post
I have long read of your various tours and though it would be awesome to do. I finally planed a bicycle overnight-er, just to get my feet wet, and the weather isn't cooperating. My plan was to go to a local campground, set up a tarp tent, then go to a mountain bike trail that is in the area. Then I would come back and shower, eat and eventually sleep. Next day I'd pack up and come home. I got everything packed and ready to throw on my bike. I actually bought very little for it, so I can see if I'll enjoy it before spending a lot on it. Depending on what weather site I go to, it's suppose to either Thunderstorm one or both days. I'm so frustrated. Part of me thinks I should just go and hope for the best. I have needed a vacation for a long time. Not sure if I can delay the date at the camp site. Keep looking at the forecast hoping it will change. What would you do.
A) Find a weather site that shows you hour by hour forecasts. Quite often, on the prairies, there's a thunderstorm at about 7 pm for an hour, but the rest of the day is fine.

B) It's just an overnight and at a campground. It's not like you've booked a 5* hotel or something and are going to be out $300 if you don't go. Even if you let the spot go and book a spot next weekend, you're only down, what, $30?

Does that help you make your decision?
Machka is offline