View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 07:05 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
No I don't hang out at LBSs,why would I hang out at other peoples workplace ??... A bike shop is just like any other business, it's no different than auto repair or auto parts store, or wallmart or any other retail establishment. I just buy what I need and leave and hang out somewhere else.
Country Club.
Bar.
Cafe.
Diner.
Starbucks.
Panera.

These are hangout places where people sit and chat while others work.
Some are places where people talk with just one another. Others are places where people talk with staff, just like in the scenario the OP mentions.

Bar, Country Club, Diner- all places where people hang out and talk with the staff while the staff works(cleaning, picking up, doing paperwork, etc). Yes they are usually patrons, but a couple of old guys drinking coffee at a diner and chatting with the waitress while they hang out is hardly buying much. Country Clubs are filled with members who happen to be hanging out since its a social place and talking with staff while not specifically buying anything at that time.
etc
etc
Likes For mstateglfr: