View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 02:31 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3453 Post(s)
Liked 1,453 Times in 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
... I got in the habit of using a swim cap for whitewater kayaking in cold weather and that carried over to other cold weather sports in wet weather for me. The thing is that without using a hood it is nice to have a collar that can be cinched snug so cold water doesn't run down your neck. ....
I wear a rain jacket (Marmot Precip) and not a poncho. I try to sit out the real downpours instead of riding through them, but do ride on the slow soaking drizzly kinds of days when I get very little water down my neck with a rain jacket and a rain cover over my helmet. And there is a visor on my helmet so the cover that extends over the visor helps reduce the amount of rain on my face and glasses as long as the headwind is not too strong. I think the rain cover on the helmet helps keep the rain off my neck, thus less likely to run down inside my collar.

The collar gets loosened when the rain lets up, gets tighter when the rain gets heavier. There is a hood on the jacket, but have never worn a hood while on the bike, only in the campsite.

Likes For Tourist in MSN: