Old 09-13-19, 04:06 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Relieving stress
Originally Posted by mdadams1
Ever since I started commuting to work by bicycle I can't begin to say how much it helps with the stress as I get to work. I am relaxed and energized. I bike about 15 miles and look forward every morning to being able to ride to work.

Mike A
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
I too work in a high stress work environment. Bicycle commuting has made all the difference.
Dittos to the above, but I have posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…I have previously posted to this thread, Why didn’t I ride
[For the past few years] My job; either too much to do, so I stay (comfortably) overnight and resume very early in the AM, missing my commute; or have to travel afar for a meeting...and to a lesser extent, family activities. …
My commute sans car, 14 miles by bike, or Commuter Rail can take a significant amount of time, including frittering time when at home, like watching TV (the children are grown and my wife often works in the evening).

Fortunately I like my job, reducing the stress. Furthermore, my time at work is otherwise pretty flexible, and posting to Bikeforums is a secondary, vicarious substitute.
… Since I am at a computer most of the day at work generating reports…posting is a form of escape.

A radio commentator, Dennis Prager once suggested that one should take a vacation everyday; not to physically “get away,” but do something different during the day, and that’s posting for me.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-13-19 at 04:09 AM.