View Single Post
Old 09-13-19, 06:08 AM
paulb_in_bkln

Bikes: 1983 Trek 600, 1972 Raleigh Sports Step Thru, 1963 Rudge Sports, 2007 Dahon MuP8, Dahon Speed, Public Mixte 8-speed IGH, mid-70s Peugeot Mixte AW conversion, Riv Platypus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Salubrious
I ride to work any day I can. Its been raining hard a good portion of this week but I have good rain gear.

However after stopping at the grocery store when I got back to my bike it had fallen over because of a flat rear tire. This is the third time this tire (Col De Vrie) has gone flat. I think I'm done with them; I rode my Michelins until the compounds literally perished but the Col De Vries are only a few weeks old. I like their ride but in my urban environment they don't seem practical. Fortunately I was too lazy to change out the front tire (still the Michelin) so I can put the remaining Col De Vrie on ebay as brand new.

IME the Kendas are a better tire for less money...
My impression is they're not intended to be an urban or commuting tire at least not where you're likely to encounter debris. I stand by my wish that Grant had revived 650A, not B. Then we'd now have lots of good tires to choose. I'm liking the Panaracer Ribmos my LBS sold me a couple months ago (700c size on a different bike). But I've not had much luck with Kendas of any size. The sidewalls always seem to shred.