Old 09-14-19, 05:43 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 455 Posts
It's a real nail biter here in the VeloLeague and, from the snippets I see in the steephill headlines before getting back to my hedonism, a heckuva race.

I see my team has clawed its way into the top 10,000 of all of the teams and I have almost cemented my place off the front of the laughing bunch but decisively behind the shredded remains of the peloton. The cream of the crap. I'm a little disappointed I haven't done much full contact fantasy sporting this GT. Poor performance and prospects would never slow me down, I am a victim of poorly timed trips (walking in old England, motorcycling in New England) have gotten in the way. My only consolation is that my pale presence in this thread dampens the mitigating glimmer of joy and accomplishment @ooga-booga salvages from getting counterattacked and put back onto Pitcairn Island while I remain adrift in my life boat.

So there's that.

Or will "it's cycling" strike in stage 20? Tune in and see!

Fortunately, I am senile enough that I will be able to watch some of the replays and still be surprised by the winners. October Vuelta for me. And training for the Giro.