Old 09-15-19, 03:23 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Some pics of BMX bikes at my local bike shop and some questions....

I visited a local bike shop that turned out to be a really nice place with lots of cool bikes and parts and such. I got some new bars for my cruiser that changed the feel of the bike for the better I think.

Anways.... I'm not sure if it's the kid in me but I feel the calling for a BMX bike. Either a true 20"er or some kind of bigger hybrid. But what's the point for a 47 year old guy like me? Am I too old to try some tricks? LOL. I'm concerned if I start farting around I'll break something (meaning a bone or something). I never rode BMX as a kid but I had a bike that was sort of set up like one. I converted my first schwinn and then my brothers gave me a sting ray frame so I could get fatter rims on it with knobby tires. But I had put a set of bmx style bars on the original bike with a bmx style stem and transferred those over to the sting ray frame.

Of course I always drooled over the bikes other kids had that had more money than I did. Diamondbacks..... I forget what else there was but there was some cool bikes that then.

ANYWAYS.... I like the looks of them and I think I'd like to start trying to do wheelies. LOL. I'm not sure if it would be wise or not since I'm getting to be old but I guess I could get one and find out how much I can take. LOL.

So.... Any old guys out there actually still doing tricks? Or do you raise your seat up and just cruise around on bmxer? Something bigger than 20" or just a standard 20" wheeled bike? I did learn that BMX bikes usually call out sizing by the top bar.... . So 21" with 20" tires? LOL.

The Haro's looked pretty sweet. That last black "devotion" bike was a 29" wheeled bike. Wowz. I was thinking it would be cool to get a mountain bike frame that takes 24" wheels, get a coaster brake rear rim, and bmx style bars and stem and make a 24" BMXer. Anyone ever do that?

Likes For 3S1M: