Old 09-17-19, 08:20 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg
Rode my bike down hwy 25 to Pinnacles National Park and back yesterday. The park is approximately 25 miles from civilization and the road has very light traffic. On my way back, I was passed slowly in a construction zone by a highway patrol. Before she reached me, she got on her loudspeaker and said something which I couldn't fully understand. What I heard was " Your blank is blank blank to motorists". Then she went on by.

I'm thinking, what was she saying? Then realized it must be something about my tailight, which is the cygolite hot shot pro 200. Then I thought maybe she was telling me that it was blinding to motorists or perhaps just that it was highly visible to motorists. Either way, I figured it was good.

Riding on rural highways with little to no shoulder, you want people to see you from as far away as possible.
Could it be the loud speaker was designed to be heard clearly from inside a car?

Reminds me once when I was riding on the subway and the PA goes on : "Attention all passengers. Blah, blah, blah..." was all I heard.

The only thing you could possibly have done was to jesture back that you couldn't hear or understand.

However, if it was something serious, she would have flagged you down to speak with you directly.

Last edited by Daniel4; 09-17-19 at 08:26 PM.