View Single Post
Old 09-18-19, 07:09 PM
venturi95
Firm but gentle

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Tuscany, Soma Pescadero, Pure Cycles disc road, Jamis hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Yup- they are long and low with a steep hta.

A 52cm had something like a 55.5cm top tube, a short head tube, and a 74deg hta.
A few years ago I thought about buying a frameset for my oldest daughter and holding it until she was older. Framesets dropped to $270 or so at bikewagon/jenson/nashbar. Dont remember where.
Couldn't pull the trigger based on predicting what would work in the future due to the wonked geometry.

Crazy good deal for anyone that fit the geometry.
The Breezer Venturi was a full on racing frameset. It featured a revolutionary Dropped top tube design (horizontal, not sloping). Mine had a 0.4 mm thick top tube in the thin center section, Tange Presitge tubing. If you are not an active racer the bike is not at all your best choice. I had a ton of seatpost out and a Mountain Bike stem to get the bars up high enough, yet the top tube length was perfect for me. It was one of the best bikes I have ever owned, it was eager to accelerate, floated over small bumps, and was very lightweight for its time.