View Single Post
Old 09-20-19, 02:04 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,581 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
When did we become such busy-bodies, always checking up to make sure others are behaving in a manner that we approve.

Good Lord this is America.
IDK. I don't see a problem with trying to educate people. When I was touring last year a couple of people who were on an organized, supported tour buzzed me and spoke up just as they were basically in my ear. Unnerved me due to the setting and somewhat hazardous conditions existing at the time. I suggested that they give an advance warning as a courtesy, in only because if spooking me causes me to swerve, I and my fully-loaded bike are going to win that battle. I told one guy that I was riding a semi and he a Mazda Miata.

Perhaps ironically, I got yelled at by a salmon this spring. I pulled all the way over to the curb on the right and stopped. Wasn't intending on saying a word and just let him pass. He told me I could have moved out into traffic so he could have hugged the curb. Not only was that ludicrous in and of itself, his salmon buddy was behind him was and already occupying that spot. I would have had to go out near the double yellow line to safely avoid both of them.