View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 04:23 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
I’ll preface by saying I’m actually new to cycling...so feel free to skip my comment ; )

But if you want to gauge hamstring weakness, even light, dumbbell, Romanian deadlifts can show you where you are. They target hamstrings and glutes and minimize quad involvement since you stop before your knees bend too much. Try just 40lbs in each hand, 3x10, maybe even 2x10 if it’s your first time, and your hamstrings may be sore for a couple of days.

Its actually tough, I’m finding, to work my leg day, basically just 5x8-12 goblet squats and 4x8-12 Romanian deadlifts into cycling since I usually need 2 days of recovery. Probably be less sore if I went lighter for higher reps. And cycling specific plans would be structured to minimize DOMS. Goblet squats are great, you automatically use perfect form and less injury risk reportedly.

Cycling obviously hits quads hard but Romanian deadlifts will balance strength in your hamstrings and glutes. You just feel more balanced and stronger in general. AlthoughI couldn’t say how specific the benefits are to cycling.

Last edited by CyclingBK; 09-21-19 at 05:00 PM.