View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 09:48 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
From the "rains when it pours" department:

Had a frustrating week trying to conclude deals on CL for a clubman like project bike (CL is weird). Finally found a roadster on FB marketplace and refreshingly completed the sale this morning with little fan fair. Even if the clubman idea doesn't work out it has great patina. Oddly, it came with a Bendix 2speed coaster that someone retrofitted along the way. I'm ok with that as the mix match now gives me more license to be creative with it.

The serial number and a weathered City of Vancouver registration decal date it pretty close to 1948

Later today one of the CL sellers finally got back to me and we met up for a second buy. This one is a little more interesting...

No idea what it is yet but it has a 3 speed early derailer with a flip flop fixed gear on the other side.

The serial is confusing as it seems to be from convention 2 1951 but the rest of the bike seems older. The seller seemed to think it was 43 but ?

The only problem is those forks! I suppose I can straighten them with a hammer...

I'm good for project bikes now

Last edited by Happy Feet; 09-21-19 at 09:53 PM.