MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10191 Post(s)
Liked 5,898 Times in 3,178 Posts
Originally Posted by surgeonstone
Similar experience. In past, while riding, I have been stung on the cheek, arm and crotch. Cheek was the worst.
Wife was once stung right on “ground zero” by a mud wasp which flew out of the main sail of our boat, which I was raising at the time. She was driving and tailing the halyard and kept her composure in front of a cockpit full of guests, but I saw the stifled scream, the deep blush, and the tears. Of course, we were worried about terrible sequelae, but luckily she was fine.

Originally Posted by datlas
I hate getting stung. Those yellow jacket wasps are the worst. They can sting repeatedly unlike bees which can only sting once. They are also quite aggressive and sting at will. About 5 years ago one got under my jersey towards the end of a ride and stung me several times. A few minutes later I went into anaphylaxis which was quite unpleasant.
This was likely a honeybee, because it left its stinger and now it’s clear that it was a light envenomation. I feel mainly lucky it didn’t get it together to sting my tongue or the back of my throat. I have been stung by just about everything, but, fortunately, have never had anything more than welts and pain. I hear anaphylaxis is not fun.

Last edited by MoAlpha; 09-22-19 at 10:28 AM.