View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 11:02 AM
TheChief

Bikes: 1982 Florida Trek 710 Campy SR, 2016 Veendam Trek Ibiza, 1983 Zullo frame

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dear Mr. Phil_gretz,

I am new to this bike forum business so I will probable do this wrong and upset some people. That will be unfortunate.

Your comment to me: “That's not how we think in the USA” is rather offensive. I am a retired United States Army Officer so I do not need anyone telling me how Americans think!

Your second sentence is more offensive: “We have courts to settle damage to property or persons”. In 1975 we I was dealing with North Vietnam Army soldiers that had infiltrated the evacuation of refugees from South Vietnam, I receive a Red Cross message that one of my cousins had been killed (murdered) by someone’s “bad choice”. Please tell me how the courts were able to make things right by my dead cousin. Please tell me what “pay when you are liable” means to my aunt when she buried her son, my dead cousin.

In 1979 I received another Red Cross message concerning another cousin. This cousin was also a victim of someone’s “bad choice”. He is still alive and still a quadriplegic. But that is okay: right? The courts were there and able to make things right for him by making the other guy “pay when you are liable”. Except, how is that going to bring back the life he lost.

Please Mr. Phil_gretz do not even suggest to tell me about how people think in the US or how the courts are there to make things “right” when stupid people through their “bad choices” kill or maim, for the rest of their lives, innocents.

You go on and think the way you do because the attitude you presented to me in your response is what I think is wrong with the American people right now.

I offer my most humble apology to everyone that I have offended with this post. I accept the fact that this will be deemed to be offensive and deleted and I will be banned from further interactions with this forum and for that I am truly sorry. I am an old retired guy and I have many, many American and Metric Centuries under my belt both in the US and in Europe that I had hoped to share with the community.