View Single Post
Old 09-25-19, 08:21 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Ugh. Today was just not the day. First, just before the group ride, I discovered that I'd taken a pretty serious puncture on my 85-mile ride over the weekend and the it just wasn't sealing up. I didn't want to skip the ride, so I took out the Haanjo instead, 38mm tires, rack and all. It was not fun trying to hold on to the group, let alone take my pulls. But, whatever. Then, I had this creeping feeling that drivers were out to get us. That feeling died down, but as soon as it was forgotten, it was just a parade of ******bags.

There were at least four instances of *******ry, but the worst of them honked and cut in on my friend, driving him on to the shoulder. We caught him at a light, I took a pic of his plates and whatnot, but then the driver started in, telling us how WE had to share the road. That set me off and I was at his window yellin' on him. At one point, ****er thought he was going to get out on us, so when he opened his door, I slammed it on him and told him to sit the **** back down. He started yelling that I was assaulting him but the driver in the next lane totally had our backs - he looked at the ****** was said, "Really? Really." Anyway, yeah, I was heated. PRed the next hill.

Bad moon or whatever, it's one of those nights that I'm just glad to be home and off the streets. Ugh.