View Single Post
Old 09-28-19, 08:09 AM
Old Fireleg

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ctak
Did you ever find a Romani that fit the bill? I have a late 80s - early 90s era Romani w/ internal cable routing and like the feel and geometry (shorter tt for a more upright position). Easy to identify slx by the bb and joint spirals. Haven't had much luck catalog hunting, though.
Romani also made excellent frames in low numbers. The photo below shows the mine (with horrible in-store repainting) next to the my Mino Denti Aero Master with same size. The details are the same as on the fantastic Somec Air 2001. My Favorites: the Somec-styl brake cable routing on the top tube and the little tubes for gear cables guide in BB shell. The Denti frame is made with a full SL tube, but the Romani is lighter, though the main tubes are SP tubes. The solution was to use extra light KL for the other pipes.

And a beautiful lo-pro from the second half of the '80s justifying Romani's art /Unfortunately it's not mine /
Likes For Old Fireleg: