Old 10-07-19, 02:08 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Fast Fat

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I hear lots of people complain that fatbikes are "slow" ... they are slow in some conditions; but they can hold their own in other conditions.

I'm half stroking my ego and half starting a thread to talk about getting fast with a fatbike.

I finished The Heck of the North on Saturday in 7 hours 6 minutes on my drop-bar Pugsley (average moving 15.8 mph & total average 15.2 mph). This 108-mile course is a mix of gravel, ATV/snowmobile trails, and some paved highways. The bike is mostly stock, expect the Salsa Woodchipper bars, Gevenalle shifters, and Fat-B-Nimble tires.

This isn't the first time this bike has been fast - on the 2017 Filthy 50 we had perfect conditions and I finished that 52-mile gravel course in 2 hours 57 minutes (averaging 17.6 mph - moving & total)

Do you go fast on your fatbike? Let's hear about fast days and modifications you made to make the fattie a little faster.
As the other poster has said, you're a beast, in the best possible way. How wide, in real life do the fat b nimble tires run? I've seen some say that they tend to run smaller than the stated 3.8" I'm still trying to wear out my my 120 tpi Nates during the non-studded season before I buy another set of tires for my pugs.