Old 10-08-19, 03:54 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by roadbikeChris
This is the exact reason why I submit my questions to this site when I am considering a purchase. Personally I don't have the knowledge so I consult the group. Cant always believe what people say.
Yeah, I mean, I got bitten with this one recently. I've had a rather obscure European-manufactured SLX frame. I purchased it off eBay but totally overlooked (what, in hindsight, is) such a basic and obvious detail. Well, fast forward to this month, I saw an interesting frame for trade here on BF and shot the BF'er a message with a basic pic.

Within minutes, got a reply back to inquire about a detail missing on the fork. Sure enough, they were right, fork isn't original and I totally overlooked it. Seller made no claims about the originality of it, but man ... I was really kicking myself and pretty damn embarassed I missed it!

I know there are some of you who love to seek out lesser-known builders and brands from various outlets, just like I do. This is just a friendly reminder that sometimes it's worthwhile to consult with a fellow BF'er before purchase. Another pair of eyes (or dozens) can be very worthwhile to avoid embarrassing mistakes

I'll still probably make my money back off that purchase, but still ... kicking myself.