Old 10-09-19, 07:20 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I’m having an off day. Not bad, just off. I am writing you from a break that I am taking on my ride home. I feel a little bit dizzy, and I’m wondering if back around three I absentmindedly took an extra blood pressure pill. When I set out on this ride, I forgot my backpack. When I set out this morning, I forgot my helmet. Just... off.
I accidentally took an extra blood pressure pill one day last July. I was working on my landscape and, as you said, just felt "off". Was taking a break when it occurred to me what I'd done. Felt messed up for the rest of the day but thankfully the next day I was back to normal.

Consecutive bicycle work commute number 818:

57F, sunny with a 20 mph wind.

According to the weather, today was going to be the last "nice" day of the week until later this afternoon when the rain and snow hits. Because of the predictions of rain for my ride home, I decided to take the hybrid with fenders. However, as I was rolling it out of the garage I thought to myself, "this feels like it's rolling kinda funny." I didn't think too much of it until I got on and made it about 5 feet before figuring out the front tire was flat. About a mile from home they're doing road construction and there's no way to get through without running over tons of rocks. I'm guessing I hit a sharp one on my way home last night.

Rolled my bike back into the garage and pulled the bag off the rack. I transferred the contents of my bag into a backpack, and then hopped on the road bike. I'll just have to risk getting soaked without fenders if it does rain on the way home. My road bike is already covered in mud and dirt from last Friday's ride home in the pouring rain (which wasn't in the forecast at all) so at least if it does rain today I'm not messing up a nice clean bike.