Old 10-09-19, 10:17 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Saddle sliding is almost always a fit symptom. Some saddles have integrated textures to help, but can't say they're effective. My Mistica has that texture, it helps, but if you're setup a certain way..........the TT shuffle may be the way of life.

I wonder if it's a function of the intersection of fit, body lever lengths (arms, legs), and the UCI rules. Perfect storm for some bodies and fits.

Either way, I stripped the set screw in the brake for my Propel. POS proprietary set screw. I felt sketchy riding the temporary fix in the fast group ride on Tues so set out early on my own and regrouped for the food truck and beer. About the hardest 25mi solo ride I could muster with some mean short hills and some gravel.

I put the 28mm tire wheelset on the Propel and did that. I was able on that route to get in a lot of longer SS efforts. Usually the group is an on/off switch where I'll average only like 175 to 185w and have a NP of like 230 to 260w. The solo tough route I conjured up was able to average nearly 220w and have a 250w NP. So steadier, and lots more KJ of work.

I almost matched their roadie group ride pace with them having no gravel and less elevation, and me being alone. About a 1/2 mph off.

Food truck was awful. Chewy meat. The beer washed it down though.

I'll start wearing my old cheapy sleeved skinsuit for a fall/spring kit since my Body Paint 3.3 arrives today. Got a super sweet price on Backcountry dumping all of theirs out of stock.

New cockpit for the TT bike arrives...........sometime. Coming from Britain. With some Aerocoach goodies.
Likes For burnthesheep: