Old 10-10-19, 12:00 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2745 Post(s)
Liked 978 Times in 800 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
There is compressionless cable housing for brakes, but it specifically is labeled for brakes.

When I built up a bike with a TRP Spyre rear brake, the instructions for the brake specifically recommended compressionless brake housing. I used some that was Aztek brand. Jagwire and a few other companies make it too. It was stiffer housing than other brake cable housing. I used it for all but the short length of regular housing which I used under the bar tape between my brake levers and interrupter brake levers.

My road bike came with much stiffer brake housing, I assume it is also compressionless.
MacBob--this was my same experience setting up my disc braked bike with new housings because I changed the bars and needed longer ones.
I too had read to use compressionless housing for brakes, and bought some probably by the same brands as Tourist mentions. Its supposed to help reduce lever mushiness with disc setups that put more force into the cables.
I was learning as I went, so just followed suggestions and the setup works fine.
Likes For djb: