Old 10-10-19, 03:42 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1912 Post(s)
Liked 2,799 Times in 1,213 Posts
For mrs non-fixie's Méral this was more or less its maiden trip. The frame is light and stiff, the SunTour Vx's shifting action got high praise but the brake lever reach was a bit too much (but manageable after I'd loosened the cable tension somewhat). All in all she was happy, especially since I'd found her a proper Méral shirt at the jumble sale on Saturday:

Another participant showed up on this bike. A hero in my book:

The lunch stop was nice and busy:

The usual snacks: cheese, sausage, bread with olive oil and salt, bananas and sweets, complemented with water or - of course - chianti wine:

L'Eroica weekends invariably start and end with a glass of wine at the Jolly Caffe in Gaiole:

Here we ran into our French friend Jean-Philippe, who always seems to be at the same events we are, and - a nice surprise - Marianne Vos. She told us she'd done only 80k, since it was a vacation trip. JP doesn't waste an opportunity like this.

Marianne's vintage bike, a mid eighties Giant Peloton, that she's very happy with. She said she couldn't imagine riding the strade bianchi on her carbon bike.

All in all, we had a great time. And like the three times before, we said that this was the last time we would do this. So don't be surprised if we're back in '21 ...
Likes For non-fixie: