Old 10-13-19, 06:23 PM
jrhoneOC

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by kirby999
May be . But what’s done is done . The fine print on my receipt says no returns on bikes . So I adapter it to fit me .
I had to do the same with used bikes I’ve had .
Without the industry going back to 26” wheels , I will continue to have a hard time finding a bike that fits “off the rack” . Even then , some adjustments would have to be done .
just the curse of a strange shaped body .

A bike shop cant suggest an ill-fitting bike and then force you to keep it. SPECIALIZED themselves won't allow that. (ridercare@specialized.com Customer service: 1 (877) 808-8154), a few phone calls and I guarantee the bike shop will say come back and lets figure it out for you....
The pitch has 27.5" wheels and a lower standover height. There also other frames that work as well (Rockhopper woman's?). So there are bikes off the shelf that will work better than what you have. Specialized has a computerized fit system where they take all your body measurements and it tells them what bikes will fit properly, seat height, what handlebar width is ideal, etc. Did this bike shop use that or some guy that said "This will work for you."? Just curious...which Rockhopper did you get?

Last edited by jrhoneOC; 10-13-19 at 06:26 PM.
Likes For jrhoneOC: